WNDS Sale

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Wed May 12 21:52:16 EDT 2004

   Maureen Carney wrote:

> I caught a little of WNDS while
> cruising through the channels around 10:15 last night.
> The camera looked out of focus. Doesn't sound like
> there will be any equipment upgrades soon.

    Camera work was less than perfect on the 8 or 10 "Candlepin Stars &
Strikes" shows I caught this past season. Several times they would show the
bowler letting the ball fly, then they would switch to the shot of the pins,
oops wrong lane. We'd see the next lane over while we hear the pins falling
on the lane we can't see. Occasionally they would catch themselves and the
camera would swing over rapidly to catch the end of the pinfall. Also add in
the occasional audio or technical glitch. The production was better in past
years IMHO.

   Maureen mentioned in a post she made after this one that WNDS looks like
they need technical help. For the past several years their picture quality
has been not as sharp as mst of the other over the air signals in our area.
If the owners to be (Shooting Star) are having capitalization problems and
end up going to leased time home shopping or other leased time programming
coming off a dish, out of focus cameras and "wrong lane" shots won't be a
problem.

Mark Watson