Opinion Piece On Air America Stirs Nasty Responses

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu May 6 12:57:53 EDT 2004

>Hakim wrote--
>That being said, what I hear so far on Air America,
>however (via Internet streaming), is pure and simple
>bad radio talent wise.
>
>What liberal talk radio needs is a left - wing Rush
>Limbaugh.

I agree, but I think all the media critics (from both the right and the
left) need to be a bit more patient, and a lot more realistic.  I've
trained many many announcers, and while I heard some with raw talent right
from day one, most of them needed a lot of work before they sounded really
good.  It's revisionist history to say that the day Fox went on the air, it
was wonderful, or the first radio talk show Limbaugh did, he was
amazing.  These things take time to develop, and alas, time is something
Air America doesn't have, since a lot of people are expecting it to fail.