Sports director at WMUR Ch9 Manchester resigns after 13years

John Bolduc n1qgs@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 16:19:47 EST 2004

I spook with somebody connected with Channel 9 about this.

Charlie, apparently resigned after he was openly and repeatidly critical
of the University of New Hampshire and their treatment of WMUR's sports
staff, including charging the crew admission to non UNH sporting events
played at UNH facilities. (That is High School basketball playoffs).

I remember about two weeks ago during a sportscast that Charlie was indeed
openly disgusted saying something like, We would like to bring you the
highlites from the abc vs xyz game, but UNH officials barred us from
covering the games. Instead we bring you, blah blah blah. He brought UNH
up another three times during the sportcast in a negative light.

I was told that Charlie was "not" spoken to or repremanded  by WMUR higher
ups about his behavior on air.

John
East Derry NH

=====