Anti-satellite radio ad

Damon Cassell radiofreak@4motion.org
Fri Mar 19 09:31:41 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Larry Weil wrote:

> My nitpick, so far, is that they limit the bandwidth on the NPR and PRI
> channels.  I believe they do this because most of the programs are talk and
> news shows, but they do have some programs on these channels that involve
> music, most notably World Cafe and Prairie Home Companion.  These come
> through sounding really flat, kinda like AM with a lot of compression.

I just finished installing XM in my car last night. XM does the same thing
with the BBC and other news/talk channels. Compression/codec artifacts are
very evident. I'll get used to it.. but it's not like listening to the
World Service on an old Hammarlund. The audio quality on the music
channels is great.

--

     Damon Cassell
     Marblehead MA