Anti-satellite radio ad

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Thu Mar 18 15:32:40 EST 2004

At 01:55 PM 3/18/2004, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

>I wouldn't go so far as to say "rave reviews".  Yeah, I've read reviews
>that are clearly written by someone who has an interest in the satellite
>industry, but I've read others that rate it as "ho-hum" and all stages in
>between.  Likewise, people I've known who've had it.  Some think it's the
>greatest thing since sliced cheese, others question whether it's worth the
>money.  Haven't heard Sirius, but what I've heard on XM I'd hesitate to
>describe as "compelling".

I bought Sirius, though more expensive, because I feel that it's channel
offerings are more in line with my tastes, both musically and for it's
three NPR/PRI channels.  My impression was that XM caters more to the
subwoofer crowd.  In fact, several salespeople confirmed my suspicions that
the listeners of Sirius tend to skew older than those of XM.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH