Anti-satellite radio ad

Damon Cassell radiofreak@4motion.org
Thu Mar 18 13:43:10 EST 2004

Does anyone know when these ads began to appear? It seems like it is very
recently. I wonder if it is merely coincidence that the ads appeared while
Howard Stern is contemplating a move to satellite. Nobody knows how many
new subscribers this would bring XM or Sirius (or, perhaps, both) but I
don't think the number would be insignificant. I find it interesting,
also, that Entercom, a champion of conservative talk, attacks satellite
for airing indecency. Perhaps satellite is shaping up to be a
political and cultural concern, as well as financial, for the folks at
Entercom. As the satellite goes, so goes radio?

Damon

--

     Damon Cassell
     Marblehead MA