Dick Pleasants to retire

Mission Control miscon@miscon.net
Mon Mar 1 12:32:39 EST 2004

Don't recall this being posted, but my apologies if it already has:

"After 25 years as host of THE FOLK HERITAGE, Dick Pleasants has decided to retire in mid-March. (He’ll host his farewell show on Sat, 3/13 at 3pm.) Dick first joined WGBH in 1978. “Dick has been an important part of our public service for a quarter century,” notes WGBH Radio’s Marita Rivero. “His warm voice, knowledge and love of this music will be missed. He’s made an enormous contribution, and while we’re sad to lose him we wish him every success.” For the foreseeable future, WGBH Radio plans to provide programming using a similar mix of musical styles currently featured on THE FOLK HERITAGE."