ClearChannel and Howard Stern (was: WGIR)

John J. Francini francini@mac.com
Fri Jun 18 08:51:43 EDT 2004

>>  I also suppose that my Clear Channel rant came about because of how
>>  they dumped Howard Stern from their signals because he "switched sides"
>>  from pro-Bush to anti-Bush.
>
>Everything I have read says they dropped him due to pending fines for
>offensive material.  Where do you get your information?
>
>-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

Numerous places on the net.  A good assortment of sources is given
here: <http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread36419/pg1>

Also given how CC banned DixieChicks recordings from being played --
at least until listeners complained very loudly -- because of their
very-anti-Bush comments, one begins to think of this as a radio
behemoth throwing its weight around simply because it can.

John
--
----
John Francini <mailto:francini@mac.com>