WGIR 610 AM - unforgivable mistakes during Red Sox broadcasts...

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Jun 15 23:50:00 EDT 2004

At 11:36 PM 6/15/2004 -0400, you wrote:

>>P.S. Any way I can complain to station management?  The Web site appears
>>to be content-free when it comes to useful contact addresses...
>
>Complain to the Red Sox, I'm sure they'de want to know if one of their
>affiliates is messing up.

Or to WEEI, for that matter. I know at least one (and I think more than
one) of their engineering folks is reading this list even as we speak.

I suspect any useful contact with WGIR would have to be via snail-mail or
telephone.

And I do have to speak up for Clear Channel engineering, at least on the
corporate level. They do a quality job with their RF plants, and they spend
a lot of money to clean up neglected studio plants when they enter a
market, too. But when you have 1200 stations in 200 markets, you end up
with a lot of local autonomy, and some local managements are clearly better
at their jobs than others.