WBIX changes "ownership statement"

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psu.edu
Fri Jun 11 16:51:09 EDT 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:25:29 +0000, "Dan Strassberg" wrote:
> Of course, I might have missed an item in the Digest. Now,
> there may be nothing illegal about putting in a few words about a station's
> prospective new owner adjacent to a legal ID, but this new wording may mean
> that Egan is already operating WBIX under an LMA. The FCC Daily digest
> doesn't report on LMAs.

That's what I was just going to say. A radio show could be the "service of Smyth
Sports" even if I don't own the station upon which the show airs (in fact,
Jibguy wanted something like this introing and leading out of my old sports
show on WJIB). A touch different deal here, but I imagine the Bleidts wanted to
land the station in Egan's hands (and start collecting some LMA cash) before he
decided to reconsider... so they were all the more happy to hand the station
over ASAP.