WBIX changes "ownership statement"

Dan Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Fri Jun 11 16:25:29 EDT 2004

I noticed today that the mini "ownership statement" adjacent to WBIX's TOH
legal ID now says "locally owned and operated, a service of Egan
Communications... Perspectives Broadcasting." The only part of this that's
new is "a service of Egan Communications." And having that name appear just
before what I thought was the name of the owner is certainly confusing. The
guy who allegedly bought control of the station from the Bleidts is an
Egan--related to the EMC Egan who is so chummy with GW Bush, but I've seen
nothing yet in the FCC Daily Digest that indicates that an application for
transfer of control has even been accepted for filing by the FCC--much less
been granted. Of course, I might have missed an item in the Digest. Now,
there may be nothing illegal about putting in a few words about a station's
prospective new owner adjacent to a legal ID, but this new wording may mean
that Egan is already operating WBIX under an LMA. The FCC Daily digest
doesn't report on LMAs.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367