Numbers for call letter signs?

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Jun 8 15:25:22 EDT 2004

> By the way I noticed that 100000watts.com wasn't
> listing the aforementioned (WGBH, WFNX) translators
> anymore

That's correct. Even in the Chip era, 100kw never listed every translator,
just a select handful of "important" ones. And there are just too danged
many of the little noisemaking pests out there for anyone but Bruce Elving
to keep track of anymore. Just for starters, there's nowhere in CDBS that
lists the alleged primary station for each of the new translators - you
have to go to the actual application to see what station they proposed to
translate, and of course there's no requirement that the translator stick
with that primary station when it actually gets on the air. (cf. W254AJ
98.7 in Erie PA, now for sale by Bible Broadcasting Network to anyone with
$75,000 to waste. Its application said it would pick up WGOJ 105.5
Conneaut OH over the air, an eminently possible feat - but according to
FMedia!, it's translating WYFG 91.1 Gaffney SC via satellite, which is not
supposed to be happening, at least not legally.)