DNC producer apologizes for balloon profanity

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@myway.com
Sat Jul 31 21:41:47 EDT 2004

http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc87.htm

Dem. National Convention producer Don Mischer has apologized for his swearing during the convention balloon drop, which was picked up by CNN. He didn't know his mike was open.

The perils of an open microphone...one example I can think of was a World Series game involving the Atlanta Braves. They had a mike open
on the Braves bench for "natural sound" when needed. When a Braves
pitcher started to have troubles, Braves pitching coach Leo
Mazzone could be heard exclaiming a four letter word about
intercourse, in frustration. I think when Fox does this kind of
thing they will tape stuff and then "screen it" before airing:
"We had our Fox microphone in the Red Sox dugout, and Red Sox
pitcher Bronson Arroyo had _this_ to say, just before the Johnny
Damon home run..."