What they heard on CNN

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Sat Jul 31 06:49:10 EDT 2004

Donna writes:  ...as I am
> sure many of
> you have heard or read by now, somebody left the mike open
> and you could
> hear the convention director shouting out orders <snip> the guy dropped the F
bomb.

It made for a headline on Drudge (with audio bite).  They guy is considered to
be a warhorse of this kind of stuff from LA, etc. It was CNN's request for a
background-only mic in his booth for flavor on the broadcast.  I guess "open
mic" has a different meaning to those at CNN.  Candidate Kerry has dropped that
bomb intentionally in recent weeks when with youth-oriented print media.
Blitzer's comment about the network pulling a "Cheney" referencing the veep's
recent dropping of the F bomb was significant for what it reveals to the world
about partisan lean.

Bill O'Neill