WBZ Traffic

rogerkirk rogerkirk@mail.ttlc.net
Thu Jul 29 15:35:52 EDT 2004

francini@mac.com wrote:
>It's a Star Market -- or at least it was three weeks ago when I was
>there last.  If it changes anytime soon, it'll be to a Shaw's. The
>same company has owned both chains for a few years now, and has been
>slowly converting Star Markets to Shaw's -- usually coupled with a
>renovation/expansion.

One must also take into account the fact that Shaws was recently purchased by Albertsons and they may have plans for name change (the ever-so-typical corporate "no changes are planned at this time" stance notwithstanding).

IIRC, Murphy dictates that any plans to change the name to Albertsons must occur after the "Star to Shaws" conversions have been completed.