Interference In MD, Similar To What Newton Could Experience?

RogerKola@aol.com RogerKola@aol.com
Fri Jul 23 20:16:04 EDT 2004

In a message dated 07/23/04 7:51:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time, sid@wrko.com
writes:

<< For AM:

 Sec.  73.88  Blanketing interference.

     The licensee of each broadcast station is required to satisfy all
reasonable complaints of blanketing interference within the 1 V/m contour. >>

Having seen the FCC's transition from an Amateur Radio standpoint, I can
attest that there are a lot of "Crummy" phones out there...but to get along with
our "neighbors" we have to resolve the issues locally ourselves....and Amateurs
are only talking about 1000 Watts...on 1800 kHz and above...

Good Quality filters on EVERY phone usually works....buying replacement
phones is a last resort...but if you want to live in the neighborhood you have to
solve the problem.....

If I lived under the "Blanket" I would have EVERY affected member of the
association write EVERY advertiser and tell them about the lack of the station's
willingness to resolve the problem and that they would, and all the people they
could influence would, boycott the station's advertisers .....

I'm in local AM sales myself...and these type of threats would "kill" our
sales... they sound like a "Big Boomer" wannabe.....but they are not there
yet...maybe 'BZ could get away with it but smaller stations don't need any more
obstacles...

$.02

Roger
WA1KAT