neradio.org/ WMRE 1510, etc.

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@myway.com
Fri Jul 23 12:50:49 EDT 2004

--- On Fri 07/23, Scott Fybush < scott@fybush.com > wrote:
>>That's the second incarnation of WSSH(AM) you're thinking of! They went from WSSH(AM), first time around, with standards (wasn't it?) to country WKKU sometime in 1989.

I wasn't aware they flipped back to the WSSH(AM) calls after they
were WKKU (with country) for awhile!

On the last edition of "Talking Trivia" I have, several callers
expressed their dismay that WMRE was going off the air. "It's
not just your show? You mean Benzaquin's off too?"

"The whole station's going off," replied Morgan, adding, "By the way, if anyone out there is owed prizes, I wouldn't wait too long if I were you--stop by the studios as soon as you can to pick them up...
I know we have several cart racks here (of carts he used on his show)
and those are getting out of here tonight!" The studios were next
to NESN on Brookline Ave., as I recall.

I have the aircheck on a couple old cassettes and I may soon
transfer them to CD-R or mini-disc. It's interesting to hear
the old ads, newscasts, promos, etc. Maybe can find a way to
send a copy to anyone who likes to archive this sort of thing?