neradio.org/ WMRE 1510, etc.

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Fri Jul 23 12:31:30 EDT 2004

At 12:09 PM 7/23/2004 -0400, you wrote:
><<On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:50:32 -0400 (EDT), "Bob Nelson"
><raccoonradio@myway.com> said:
>
> > They re-emerged as WSSH (AM)
>
>So how long was WSSH 1510 playing music before the switch to doble-u
>esse esse ache?

That's the second incarnation of WSSH(AM) you're thinking of!

They went from WSSH(AM), first time around, with standards (wasn't it?) to
country WKKU sometime in 1989.

WKKU was dying when I came to town in January 1990 (you'd think I'd have
had the sense to roll tape on it, not to mention "Showbiz Radio" WRCA, but
I didn't), and it soon went back to WSSH(AM) as a simulcast of 99.5
FM.  The Spanish came after all THAT, sometime in 1992 or thereabouts, if
memory serves.