the Park Squares

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Tue Jul 6 20:08:12 EDT 2004

I was asked by the late Ray Dorey's daughter about how the Park Squares got
together-- some of you may recall that they were the back-up band for Ray
Dorey on the old WHDH in the 50s and later for Jess Cain during the 60s.
They performed on both radio and TV and I do have at least one photo of
them with Ray Dorey.  Several of the members are still alive but very
elderly (Don Alessi, for example), but if anybody can tell me more about
them, I'd be grateful.  I've gotten conflicting stories about their career,
which is often the case when asking the old-timers...