WCCM or WMRC

Dan Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Mon Jul 5 15:28:31 EDT 2004

Thanks, guys, but now I have one vote for each station. Which leaves me
right where I started. I think I caught the phrase "good-time oldies" just
once in maybe a half-dozen breaks between records. Does that eliminate WMRC?
Or does "your hometown station" eliminate WCCM? My guess is that it might. I
really don't want to make that 120-mile round-trip to MetroWest and the
North Shore. And if both stations run the same satellite-delivered format,
even the long trip might not resolve the issue ;>(

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367

----- Original Message -----
From: Ari Alpert <xradioguy@yahoo.com>
To: Dan Strassberg <dan.strassberg@att.net>; Boston Radio Interest
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 9:27 AM
Subject: Re: WCCM or WMRC

> --- Dan Strassberg <dan.strassberg@att.net> snipped
> and edited:
> > "Your hometown station, AM 1490," with no
> > call letters...  But was this WCCM Haverhill or
> > WMRC Milford?
>
> WMRC Milford is "Your home town station", even if they
> don't bother tell you that Miford is the home town
> from which the birdfeed is broadcast. They actually
> are live and local a good percentage of the time
> during weekdays and some weekend dayparts.
>
> Ari

----- OTHER Original Message -----

     That was WCCM, 1490 Haverhill you heard. They run the bird feed 'Good
Time Oldies" format weekday afternoons after 4PM, and weekend nights after 5
or 6PM. I caught them for a few minutes driving home from Salisbury Beach
last night, and apparently on Sundays nights (this was about 11:30 when I
heard it, don't know what time this show starts) the birdffed includes
'Jukebox Sunday Night", which is a show of all pre-Beatles oldies.

Mark Watson