Fw: Billy May, age 87

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 00:26:32 EST 2004

--- Brian Vita <brian_vita@cssinc.com> wrote:

> Just how many of the kids in today's audiences
> actually have a clue who Ann
> Miller actually was?  As someone who has been to
> RHPS a number of times in
> the past 25 years, both professionally and as an
> audience member, its sad to
> say that the show has degenerated

Yeah...I will say that I last saw the film (with an
audience) at a "furry" convention (fans of
anthropomorphic cartoons) in Philadelphia. There were
a couple new lines but not too many. (I do have it on
DVD as well as the soundtrack CD.) Though it was fun
to do the audience partici- (say it!)- pation
with an audience again. (I've seen it many, many
times, usually at the Harvard Sq. Theatre.)

The lines yelled out by audience members have pretty
much been passed down through the years.

 The sad thing
> about it is that today's audience finds it just as
> funny.  Humor seems to
> simply revolve around saying the f-word.

Seems that way. I heard some clips of some "comedians"
at a liberal rally/benefit and apparently they feel
anything will be instantly
funny when you just add the f-word to it. :)