Fw: Billy May, age 87

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Sat Jan 24 19:40:06 EST 2004

> Also: as part of the "Rocky Horror Picture Show",
> one song, "the Time Warp", has the character
> "Columbia" going into a tap dance. At that part,
> audience members traditionally yell out,
> "Eat your heart out, Ann Miller!"

Just how many of the kids in today's audiences actually have a clue who Ann
Miller actually was?  As someone who has been to RHPS a number of times in
the past 25 years, both professionally and as an audience member, its sad to
say that the show has degenerated (if one can say that about this show) from
one where the audience yelled back creatively funny and/or clever stuff to
one where the audience yells back "f-this", "f-you", etc.  The sad thing
about it is that today's audience finds it just as funny.  Humor seems to
simply revolve around saying the f-word.

I guess that I'm getting old.  Maybe I'll start listening to WODS.

Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
77 Walnut St. - Ste 4
Peabody, MA  01960-5691 USA