Boston Globe / Living / Arts / As GM, her job is to pump up sports talk and hard rock

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Sat Jan 24 16:00:05 EST 2004

On Jan 24, 2004, at 3:47 PM, Paul Hopfgarten wrote:

> NOTOH, Ch 50 WNDS and Ch 21 WPXG (mostly Ch 50 though) have broadcast
> ads. I
> would guess though that the Boston stations CBS4 NBC7 FOX25 UPN38 WB56
> (Howmany people DONT know WB56's actual call letters, nevermind COL)
> would
> get more ads, since those 5 networks have NO NH outlet...

Most of the money spent on such political ads on Boston stations is, of
course, wasted, since most of the audience for those stations don't
live in New Hampshire.

Yes, most people wouldn't know WB56 is really WLVI Cambridge, but how
many would know the call letters of channel 38?  On my cable system,
they're annoyingly listed as "UPN38", unlike every other broadcast
station which is listed by their call letters.

Paul