Boston Globe / Living / Arts / As GM, her job is to pump up sports talk and hard rock

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Sat Jan 24 01:24:56 EST 2004

On 23 Jan 2004 at 21:24, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> It's the usual situation: we notice these sorts of errors because we
> have more specialized knowledge than the reporter does.  We don't
> notice other sorts of similar errors because we share the reporter's
> level of ignorance.  This is not necessarily a bad thing.

A couple of days ago either CNN or NECN (I forget which) had a story about a parrot that
belonged to Sir Winston Churchill.  The reporter said that it was an African Grey parrot.  But
the bird they showed on screen was not an African Grey, but a Blue and Gold Macaw.  I've
since seen the story somewhere else online, where they got it right.