Boston Globe / Living / Arts / As GM, her job is to pump up sports talk and hard rock

Garrett Wollman wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Jan 23 21:24:45 EST 2004

<<On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:11:07 -0500, "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net> said:

> You would be safe to work under the assumption that pretty much
> everything you read in the Globe (or most papers) is as high a
> quality as the radio reporting.

It's the usual situation: we notice these sorts of errors because we
have more specialized knowledge than the reporter does.  We don't
notice other sorts of similar errors because we share the reporter's
level of ignorance.  This is not necessarily a bad thing.

-GAWollman