Infinity radio stations/studio locations

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psu.edu
Wed Jan 21 12:42:29 EST 2004

Scott wrote:
<< 56 years of history and an aux transmitter, for one thing - but more
to the
point these days, WBZ radio and WBZ-TV operate from a common newsroom in

the back of the building. When you see a reporter or anchor on channel 4

sitting at the "newsroom" desk, that's actually a platform with a desk
and
a camera right in the middle of the radio news workstations, just behind

the radio editors' desks and facing the radio studios along one wall of
the
room. As long as 1030 is all-news and co-owned with channel 4, it would
make no sense to move its operations elsewhere - programming and
engineering, anyway; I suppose sales and promotions could move elsewhere

without much effect. >>

Didn't Ed Goldman make a stink a couple years ago about not working with
the radio side after Natalie Jacobson was allowed to fill in for Brudnoy
one night? What ever became of that?

<< (The combined newsroom is actually a recent development - we made
that move
in 1996, and before that we were way over on the other side of the
building
from TV, with a long twisty path of corridors to follow to get from the
radio newsroom to the cramped old TV newsroom. If I had occasion to go
over
to TV twice a month in the old days, it was a lot.) >>

I remember spending some Saturday afternoons hanging around the old
haunt and I can tell you first-hand it was a confusing place to find
your way around.