LaPierre on the loose...on the beach?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Thu Jan 15 17:20:35 EST 2004

--
>DATE: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:00:42
>From: "Pete Ferrand" <petef@sprynet.com>
>To: <boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org>

>I don't see it as an ethics issue so much as an issue of trust and
>allegiance. Due to LaPierre's long history with his listeners, there was
>an expectation of what he was doing and where he was. If that is broken,
>it just gives the listener the image that the station and LaPierre and
>radio in general just doesn't give a damn. And that will be reciprocated
>by the listener.
>
>It's like a Nestle bar that people buy for years. If the price goes up,
>people grumble but know it's inevitable. If the price stays the same but
>the bar gets smaller while the package stays the same except for the
>weight marking, when people find out they feel taken advantage of and
>annoyed...even though obviously the maker adhered to the law and didn't
>misrepresent the weight.

When I order spiritous liquors, I never order a brand
(as in Old Grand Dad Manhattan straight up), just
bourbon Manhattan straight up.  I never imagine that
I'll get the branded products in the typical bar.  And
have you ever noticed that the bottle of Heinz
ketchup that comes with you fries is always full?
Somebody has a side job of putting Hunt's or generic ketchup
in the bottle I believe.

 It's bad for a business to piss off it's
>customers.

Does that apply to "Depends"?