"Liberal network" signs Al Franken

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Thu Jan 15 09:51:34 EST 2004

  Bill O'Neill wrote:

>That speaks to polarization that is emblematic of times such as
>these.  I'm not
>sure where talk radio is truly capturing this phemonenon.  As a whole,
>media has
>become too much a part of "the story."  I long for a commentator or host that
>would go to their grave under torture and never reveal their personal
>leanings.
>Curiosity should be a sufficient motive for as well as attribute to do the
>job.

Agreed, but this trend towards reporters making their personal leanings
known on issues goes back to Vietnam & Watergate.  What started as an
attempt to appear "socially conscious" has morphed into a definite
slant.  Trouble is, there's a whole generation of reporters who've never
experienced any other way of reporting.

Talk radio is a bit different, where it's presented as opinion in the first
place, not news.