"Liberal network" signs Al Franken

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Wed Jan 14 15:47:07 EST 2004

Pete writes:
I'm
> sure there
> are plenty of people who, offered the opportunity to
> financially support
> the concept of a liberal network, will say, wow this is a
> great idea and
> they are not overly concerned if it makes money or not. This
> applies to
> both backers and advertisers.

Can I have the cash, instead?  I'll go liberal.  Please?  Anyone?  Feed the
homeless?  Babies and orphans?  Nuns on buses?  How about land conservation?
Spotted ducks?  Farm Aid XVIII?  I can juggle 'em all with the best of them.
Alan Colmes look out!  One sentence only and you're outta here!  <shame mode

Seriously, the whole concept is flawed from its very notion of "liberal."  Even
those with staunch liberal leanings would prefer to not be noted as such. On the
other end of the spectrum, media buyers don't buy Limbaugh because he is
conservative.  They buy him because he can make them money.

Bill O'Neill