help for a student friend of mine, part 2

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Wed Jan 14 04:25:02 EST 2004

Several of you wrote to Diane but when she tried to write back to you, her
ISP kept bouncing the messages... she was curious as to whether any of you
have had contact with black radio stations-- whether working in a chain
that owns some or just as a listener.  If you have, how has media
consolidation affected black radio? (This also includes jazz, urban,
CHR/rhythmic, and formats where a lot of black music is played.)  Also, for
those who have been in the industry for a while, other than the fact that
Clear Channel owns just about everything, Diane wondered what other major
changes you have noticed in radio over the past several decades.  I gave
her my own list, but she wanted to speak with others employed in US
broadcasting.  To expedite, could you send your replies to ME, and I will
forward them to her, since my ISP seems to get along with hers for some odd
reason... Thanx much!