DCS (was: Re WFAN)

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 11:38:13 EST 2004

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 09:34:43 SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> This is more a Computer Concepts issue.  The audio
> cards can play multiple
> audio files at a time, but there's no way to stop
> (or fade) one of those
> individual streams once it's started.  Maestro
> (Windows version of DCS)
> does the same, the saving grace being that there are
> multiple sound cards
> which you can use like individual cart decks.

I could've swore at Entercom Rochester they had a
version of DCS there set up for multiple audio
channels/cart decks.  The board in the WBEE studio had
3 faders devoted to DCS, the first one being
auto-segue of all program elements listed in a window,
the third used for manual firing of all elements in
the selected window, and I forget what the second
fader did.  I'm surprised that the version Cooper is
using only has one audio output line, unless the
version we had/used was a newer version

                                Matt Osborne
                                Poughkeepsie, NY