WFAN

Tony Abruzzese abruzzese@biochem.bumc.bu.edu
Fri Jan 9 11:29:38 EST 2004

>On 7 Jan 2004 at 9:30, Matthew Osborne wrote:
>

>>Ever hear of Windows needing to be periodically rebooted because of all
>>the memory leaks contained within that will cause your system to
>>crash??

Yes, I have. Win 95 had a bug which crashed the PC, sometimes
irrerievably, every, IIRC, 48 days or so. The bug was reproduceable to
within  an hour.  I ran into the problem when I set up a Win95 machine
to act as a dedicated print server for a small workgroup. According to
the article I read about the bug, it was not discovered because Win95's
instabilities let few computers run long enough to crash from this
particular one.

Tony