WFAN

Sven Franklyn Weil sven@gordsven.com
Wed Jan 7 12:32:08 EST 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Sid Schweiger wrote:

> I was told that his primary concern was drop-ins.  Supposed
ly he tried a 360 Systems Shortcut and hated it.

The 360 Systems' Instant Replay machine is great for quick drop-ins and
sound effects, where you need speed - more than cart machines can provide.
Better than carts.  I will give it that.

However I've always preferred carts for long-format stuff, like songs or
jingles or commercials/PSAs.  I was really annoyed when they removed and
replaced the cart machines with a 360.  They could have left me the carts
-- I had a box full of 70s and 80s pop music all on carts that I had found
on a dusty shelf at thecollege station I worked in and that's what I used
on my show.

All of a sudden one week I couldn't find my box of tapes
anymore either....  :-(

--
Sven