Will Boston Stations Accept XM Ads After This

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Wed Jan 7 19:26:06 EST 2004

I've heard spots for XM Satellite radio on WRKO-AM,
so I wouldn't be surprised if they also air on other
Entercom outlets.  I don't specifically recall hearing
XM spots on any other Boston radio stations, but it's possible.
Now, as rronline.com and other sites have reported, XM
will be offering local continuous weather for selected
markets.  Boston's is supposed to start April 1st (no kidding).
Can something like Metro news be far behind?  Was it
Lenin who said that capitalists will sell the Bolsheviks
the rope they'll use to hang them (the capitalists)?
If any Boston area station accepts XM ads now, it could
amount to nearly the same thing.

Laurence Glavin