"Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" Quote About Radio

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Sun Jan 4 16:19:19 EST 2004

>>(hey Sid; I heard the pattern-change ka-thwump
at 4:15...it's JANUARY, not December!)<<

As my oft-used signature will attest, I'm not the CE...I do computers.  However, the CE does subscribe to this remailer, so he'll see it.

>>people there use assumed names at times<<

Just about everyone on radio-info uses assumed names, mostly because that board has devolved into the biggest non-stop bitch-fest and hotbed of unfounded rumors I've ever seen in my life.  I've even seen several cases of outright libel, which the pansies that pass for moderators either don't recognize or do nothing about, lest they be called "censors" by the usual group of chronic complainers.  Most who post there have their pre-conceived notions about how radio stations actually work, and when the few people in the business who still tolerate posting there disabuse them of their false notions, they are raked over the coals as if it's they who don't know what they're talking about.

The only thing the radio-info Boston board is good for is an occasional laugh...until one realizes that these people are actually serious about the nonsense they post.  I left there some months ago, haven't been back, and don't miss it at all.

Sid Schweiger
MIS Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF-WEEI-WQSX-WRKO-WVEI
20 Guest St / 3d Floor