Clear Channel to enhance radio ads with RDS

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psu.edu
Thu Jan 1 22:00:55 EST 2004

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 21:31:05, "Dan Strassberg" wrote:
> I forget the name of the company that Ford spun off to make radios and such,
> but I wonder how much cost they eliminate from the radio by eliminating the
> tuning knob. BTW, to save dashboard space, the scan and seek buttons are
> really small, so finding them while driving usually requires me to take my
> eyes off the road. I don't think that's a safe design.

On the last two Ford Taurus cars I've owned, I've had seek and volume buttons on
the upper center of the dash, at eye level with the speedometer. If there is an
out-of-reach/rimshot station that I want to listen to that much, I'll add it to
a preset.