Fw: More FMs for Albany

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Feb 24 14:26:01 EST 2004

>Its too
>bad that, in order for WPTR to compete against WKLI,
>they have to move off the 1540 frequency and onto the
>much smaller 96.7, but unfortunately the last few
>books have shown thats where the listeners are, not on
>AM.

Actually, I suspect the reason for the move is just the opposite: most
religious broadcasters who lease time for their shows (aka "dollar a holler
preachers" to some of us) pay more per hour for a more powerful signal. I'm
betting that Crawford can charge more for the "FIFTY THOUSAND WATTS" of
1540 than it can for the 3,000 watts of 96.7.

I also wonder, given Crawford's relative success with secular URBAN formats
on two of its Chicago FMs, if 96.7 won't eventually wander over in that
direction.