CBS4 Replaces WBZ on Comcast Cable

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Fri Feb 20 17:05:19 EST 2004

Until recently, if you were a victim, I mean customer of
Comcast Cable and tuned to cable channel 4, "WBZ" would appear
in one corner of the picture briefly.  (Same thing for
other broadcast outlets...tune to channel 2 and "WGBH"
would appear...tune to channel 16 and "WGBX" would appear.)
Now today (02/20) I noticed that when you tune to channel 4,
"CBS4" appears in a corner of the picture (other broadcast
TV's still show their call letters).  I don't know
if this is happening at other Cable providers, but
it must have come about through the intercession of the
folks at 1170 SFR.
Thus the de-WBZ-TVization of local television continues apace.

Laurence Glavin