A couple of Notes

Paul Hopfgarten paul@03038.com
Fri Feb 20 08:32:12 EST 2004

I don't know if this is typical, but CKOC (Oldies 1150-Hamilton ON CA) was
doing considerable battle with WTTT (1150 Boston) after sunrise (7:45 AM or
so)this morning in Derry NH. Should I assume that either A) CKOC went day
power early, or B) it's nighttime signal points east and it was not yet
Hamilton Ontario sunrise, or C) another reason?

Also, Thurs AM I was leaving work in Contoocook NH at 8AM and under WRKO was
some 680 with CBS TOH News. It only lasted the first 3-5 miles South on I-89
before 'RKO killed it completely.

Now usually, CFTR is the only interfering station on 680, and that
interference does not occur every night, but only seems to occur at night
when it does happen. Does CFTR carry CBS News? Does the 680 in Baltimore
(WCBM?) which I have never been able to confirm as a pick-up on 680...do
they carry CBS TOH Headlines?

In fact, Contoocook seems to be the Southeastern end of the Toronto
battleground with both CFTR-680 and CFRB-1010 begining to play havoc with
WRKO, and as you might expect, moreso with 1010WINS.

Inquiring minds want to know.....

-Paul Hopfgarten
-East Derry NH

Seriously in need of daytime employment!