GIN, GIP, etc

Garrett Wollman wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Feb 19 19:55:55 EST 2004

<<On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:30:59 -0500 (GMT-05:00), hopfgapr@sprynet.com said:

> Can someone else apply for that freq at some point if 930 chooses
> not to exercise its option?  -Paul Hopfgarten

I don't know that there's any precedent.  It would require a "major
change window", which has either happened or been announced recently,
I forget which.  I don't know if the law specifies an expiration date
for the original reservations or not.  It ought to be possible, given
some of the other ex-band precedents, to apply for a new ex-band
station on any non-interfering frequency in that location -- if there
were actually anyone interested in a new AM station at the high end of
the dial in a region with awful ground conductivity and strong NIMBYs.

Paging professor Fybush!

-GAWollman