Springfield's newspaper?

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psu.edu
Tue Feb 10 14:04:08 EST 2004

Scott writes:
<< Hey - when did the Springfield Union-News become The Republican?
(Yes, I
know this is semi-OT, but the newspaper collector in me really needs to
know!) >>

The Sunday paper has been The Sunday Republican for a number of years, I
believe. I didn't know the daily had become The Republican, too.

For all the newspaper people out there: I have just launched the new
boston-newspaper-interest (stodgy name, I know) mailing list. E-mail me
off-list if you wish to join (and hadn't expressed interest in this to
me already).

Sean