WMUR turns 50

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Sat Feb 7 12:21:26 EST 2004

>    And let's not forget after Uncle Gus concluded his show at
> 5:30, he then
> appeared as the "weather reader" on "The News" at 6PM. I
> recall for several
> years, <snip>
> Mark Watson

Ah, Uncle Gus.  I owe my cartological prowess (okay, I get states) to Uncle Gus.
Always felt bad for the kids who got a "boink" on the head with the cardboard
low-tech map once they got one wrong.  How refreshing - being told that you were
WRONG!  Today, it would be "Hey, let's rename that state to the one you said so
that we can all build your esteem to a point where you're a radio programmer
and.... " Got carried away there.....

Bill O'Neill