WMUR turns 50

Kevin Vahey kvahey@tmail.com
Fri Feb 6 01:22:35 EST 2004

I could remind them of an ugly newcast at 11 back in 1968

The newsman back then devised the perfect way to have an affair, he
would tape the Friday night 11 PM news at 7

One night the trusty AMPEX 1000 failed and the news was shown at 11 with
audio and his picture on a color slide.

Oh and in the meantime Russia had invaded the Czechs.

Another night ABC in NY called asking if we had footage on a plane crash
in W Lebanon, NH. I replied "what plane crash?"

How United Broadcasting ever kept that license is one of the great
mysteries of NE broadcasting.