Uncle Charlie's not amused

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Thu Feb 5 17:20:09 EST 2004

>DATE: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 16:22:02
>From: "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net>
>To: "'Larry Weil'" <kc1ih@mac.com>, <boston-radio->interest@bostonradio.org>,"'SteveOrdinetz'" <steveord@bit-net.com>

>Larry Weil writes:
>> I would question that assumption, being that so many people in all
>> communities are using their TIVO's to watch the clip over and
>> over and over
>> and over again.
>
>That breaks the demo down nicely to those with access to that technology and too
>much time on their hands.  Porn outsells all pro sports combined - should that
>matter to those who want free air to be within some semblance of decency?
>
>Bill O'Neill

Speaking of porn, and who hasn't lately...
that particular industry will the subject of PBS's
"Frontline" in coming (sorry) days.  It airs tonight (02/05)
on WGBH-TV 2 at 9:00, and will air subsequently
on the same outlet and its clone WGBX-TV 44.
Channel 11 and satellites in NH has it tonight too.
BTW, if WGBX-TV is essentially a clone of channel 2,
why does it occasionally describe itself as "original and
independent"
Remember, on PBS, you can watch documentaries about porn without guilt!

Laurence Glavin