Fw: The Answer

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Tue Dec 28 01:00:38 EST 2004

On 27 Dec 2004 at 8:05, Email wrote:

> Yes, WBZ 1030 Remained on the air when Hurricane Carol came through
> Boston in 1954. I have an aircheck of the actuality. Facinating
> listening.

Actually, that's not surprising, since it was the TV tower that was blown down.  The radio
towers in Hull weren't.  I was in Albany at the time, but I believe I've heard from others that
WBZ-TV was knocked off the air for awhile, until they could set up a temporary transmission.
 I've heard variously that they transmitted temporarily from the top of the auxiliary radio tower
at Soldiers Field Road or from the Channel 7 tower, which was somewhere around Medford
or Malden at the time.