Fw: The Answer

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Dec 26 22:55:20 EST 2004

At 10:18 AM 12/26/2004 -0500, Paul wrote:
>Memories of the WBZ tower falling on Nelson Bragg's (I think) car during one
>of the hurricanes in '54 or '55.
>The news pic had him "Oh no-ing" with his hand on his forehead.

Yes, the WBZ tower fell in the late summer of 1954, as I recall-- I have
several news clippings and pictures of it.  It's amazing nobody was
killed.  In fact, both WBZ radio and WBZ TV remained on the air, if my
memory serves... (I was just a kid, and much of Boston lost power, but
thanks to the ubiquitous transistor radios, we were able to hear the
news...)   And how about the WHIL tower (remember old WHIL?) on Revere
Beach Parkway in Medford?  I have an article from 5 September 1957:  198
Foot Radio Tower Crashes to Ground, Misses Studio.