WATD MetroWest (was WPLM AM & FM)

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Wed Dec 1 13:39:24 EST 2004

>From:	"Lorraine Smith" <lorraine6474@usadatanet.net>
>To:	"Paul B. Currier" <paulcurrier@adelphia.net>, "Mark Springer"
><mark.springer@gmail.com>, boston-radio-interest@BostonRadio.org
>Date:	Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:47:43 -0500
>Subject:	Re: WPLM AM & FM

>  I have noticed lately that WATD is coming in pretty good in
>  the MetroWest area. My radio frequently stops on 95.9
>  when scanning.
>
>  Have they done an upgrade in the last month or so?

I've found WATD to be coming in FAR WORSE in MetroWest lately,
since WSRS 96.1 in Worcester recently added IBOC to their signal.

Heading west on the Pike, I used to be able to hear WATD almost to
Route 495 before adjacent splatter from WSRS made it unlistenable.

Now, the adjacent IBOC hiss from WSRS begins to affect WATD as far
east as Newton, and completely engulfs WATD in white noise not far
west of Route 128.

My digital FM tuners all stop one frequency before any station
running IBOC because of the digi-noise on the adjacent frequencies.
Perhaps WSRS's IBOC may now be causing your tuner to stop on WATD
in Holliston, where it didn't before?

Eli Polonsky