Barron's: Is this the future of radio?

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Mon Aug 30 08:27:38 EDT 2004

> I can't find it in my heart to disagree, although I believe the end is
> not for another ten to twenty-five years, even in developed countries.
>
> -GAWollman

If and when satellite radio becomes as common as AM/FM in cars then it could
easily be Chicken Little time for terrestrial radio.  Look at the success of
syndicated radio (Rush, Imus, Stern) where New York has become, essentially, the
radio "home town."  This could be accelerated by a big radio name or two taking
the big leap to satellite-only, as Stern had hype recently, as well as major
market "local" options.

Bill O'Neill