Wal-Mart Funds NPR, PBS & Scholarships

Daniel Billings billings@gwi.net
Sat Aug 21 12:31:03 EDT 2004

Maine Public Radio is now running underwriting announcements during their
news broadcasts for Consumers for Affordable Healthcare, a leftwing group
that promotes socialized medicine.  The group is very active and often
quoted on health care issues during Maine Things Considered.

I agree that money is money, but it does sound strange to have an advocacy
group sponsoring the news on public radio.  I wonder if Maine Public Radio
would run an underwriting announcement from Maine Right Life "Fighting for
the unborn for 30 years."  I doubt it.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine