Dem., Kerry lawyers try to squelch anti-Kerry ad

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Sat Aug 7 22:47:58 EDT 2004

On 7 Aug 2004 at 9:46, tony schinella wrote:

> However, as has been noted by Wired Magazine, Gore
> had nothing to do with "creating the Internet" -
> "Preliminary discussions of how the ARPANET would
> be designed began in 1967, and a request for
> proposals went out the following year. In 1969,
> the Defense Department commissioned the ARPANET.

But the ARPANET was not the Internet.  A great deal happened in the early 1990s and
maybe the late 80s to turn a small and restricted network of defense and academic
computers, which the public couldn't even access, into the Internet, and I hear tell that Al
Gore was in fact at the forefront of providing the Congressional support and funding for that.